Occupation: Student in Marketing
Project name: Education for Orphans and Vulnerable Children
The number of orphans and vulnerable children in Ghana is estimate at 204,000 but most of these children are either neglected or not taken good care of by the parent. Other parent due to poverty cannot even provide simple decent uniform for their wards. It is in these line that, the project aims at providing some children in Kintampo Municipal with some basic education materials and giving them quality health care by insuring them with National Health Insurance against all basic diseases.
- To provide thirty orphans and vulnerable children with educational materials
- To insure these children with the National Health Insurance against all basic disease
- Thirty Orphans and vulnerable will receive religious and moral education
- To entertain these children in Christmas or Easter party
The goals s set for this project -We have insured these children for one year period -We also distributed some educational materials to them. E.g. Exercise book, pens, pencils etc.
Successes and challenges
- Some of the children in the project can read and understand the bible in the local dialect.
- Children of these project can now use into any government and some private Hospitals and enjoy free medical Health care
- The project also helped some parents and children when they are starting the new school year because they got support for the educational material.
- Meeting the children every week to teach them the bible lesson after church service. We do this by using the next bible reading for the week and other aspects of the bible.
- The local youth executives had the task to make sure that the registration of the most needy children was completed.